27 JULY 2015 - EACH SINGLE SIGNATURE HAS BEEN IMPORTANT. THANK YOU!
WORLD MANIFESTO FOR THE FUTURE OF ENDURANCE
riders, trainers, grooms, breeders, horse owners, veterinary surgeons, farriers, organising committees, public agencies, private bodies and associations
the compliance with rules, fair play and safeguard of horse's wellfare are the main principles on which our experience in endurance is based
- The recent unilateral decisions taken by the International Equestrian Federation to suspend the Emirates Equestrian Federation of the United Arab Emirates, without fixing, however, the conditions aimed at solving the problem efficiently, for an undetermined period of time, leave an indelible mark on the history of endurance and risk conditioning heavily the prospects of development on an International scale;
- The presence of the Emirates Equestrian Federation has for many years been an indubitable assurance that has helped promote the development and success of endurance throughout the world, bringing it to the fore through increased membership and contributing to its popularity in an ever increasing number of countries;
- The presence of the Emirates Equestrian Federation has brought advantages in terms of sport for the development of horse’s performances and for the quality, genealogy and number of foals born per year in terms of the breeding;
- The presence of the Emirates Equestrian Federation has brought advantages at world level, which absolutely cannot be ignored, in terms of the economic opportunities that have been made available to territories, associations and stables in order to establish themselves and see their turnover increased;
- The recent unilateral decisions taken by the International Equestrian Federation have already triggered a spiral that is affecting directly and irreparably tens of thousands of people, who very soon run the risk of finding themselves without employment in the sectors of horse breeding and preparation, the manufacture of materials and equipment, event organisation and the supply of services;
- The recent unilateral decisions taken by the International Equestrian Federation are equally serious in terms of the effects on the development and consolidation of institutional relations established by the presence of the Emirates Equestrian Federation at the most important endurance events in the world.
For the above reasons and for the future of endurance, we petition:
The International Equestrian Federation to review its position and consider the damage, derived from the resolution passed on the 12th of March 2015, in the development and expansion of endurance and its economic and financial consequences. Furthermore, to look for a joint solution with the Emirates Equestrian Federation and all those involved in the sport in order to enforce the rules, the fair play and to safeguard the horse’s welfare. Download the manifesto
Published on 15 April 2015
EMAIL VERIFICATION REQUIRED
You're almost done!
Check your inbox for an email from us and click on the link to verify your signature.